Paper Wars in Mega-Epic-Scale - Rokari Treachery Revealed.

From: simonbrayuk_at_...
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:23:28 EDT

Hi All,

We ran the Battle of Bregentuit, 1800 troops in glorious paper technicolor marched across my dining room table to battle for the secrets of Bregentuit Monastery, Rokari versus Aeolian, with Hendriki support. No-one expected the arrival of Mostali and Talari forces, although the moving hill was a bit of a give
away that the Mole Machine was coming. The Aeolian forces were victorious, the Knight-Order of St. Ehilm however fell to the deadly hooves of the Holy Knights of the Tiger, but the Hendriki archers took the high ground and destroyed
the cavalry, whilst the Aeolian Miles lead on by their joyous choirs tore (just as if they were paper!) through the Hellbound Bowmen and Bardan Magicians to take Bregentuits gates. The Rokari showed their true colours when through treachery they seized the Player Characters and fled the battlefield.

It was a great game, which we set up in unde 30 minutes and tidied into a carrier bag in under 10 at the end of the night. My favourite part was when we
were able to cut up the units with scissors upon defeat :-) Apart from the green cloth on the table, everything we used from trees to hills was made from
cardboard, including the monastery, trebuchets, Mole Machine and Talari Ornithopter. It was the third play test of the Paper Wars Mass Battle system and a
great success, more will be revealed as developments are made.

Cheers Simon Bray

The Unspoken Word - The Magazine for Gloranthans and Heroes http://www.celtic-webs.com/theunspokenword/