RE: Re: sea spirits or sea gods ?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:52:22 +0100

>> A more useful question perhaps, is whether the ludoch and their ilk >> use theist or animist magic.

> Yes, indeed. That's what I wanted to ask.

Then check Anaxial's Rooster, p.116ff:

> Aldraymi are animists ? Good to know.

AR p.124: "The Aldryami worship many gods and spirits within the religion of Aldrya, who is always paramount." Elf bows act as spirits for AP lending; the sample occupation has "Aldrya Tradition Knowledge". Some Aldryami are animists, and I *believe* this is the default (i.e. Aldryami are animists the same way Heortlings and Lunars are theists).

NB to Bryan: because there are already "rules answers" to these questions in Anaxial's Rooster, and because those are presumably less likely to be gregged than anything else, and because anyone wanting to play one of the Elder Races will need AR anyway, I didn't waste time setting out "what kind of magic does this Elder Race use?" explicitly when editing the narratives for "Gloranthan Voices".

Cheers, Nick