RE: Parts of Gbaji

From: matthew.cole_at_...
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:33:07 +0100

Q: Does anyone have any ideas of the effects that these remains might have on the surroundings if they were ever uncovered.

Response (!): I don't think that the properties or abilities of the parts of Gbaji have ever been documented anywhere, however I did play with someone for years who used to tell stories about encounters they had with dismembered parts of the Deceiver. That was back in RQ2 days. From memory (very vague), and I don't know which body part we're talking about here, there was something like: imagine if you will a sensation where the characters sense bodiless flies buzzing around the periphery of their minds. The effect was, as I recall, increased chances of becoming illuminated. Pretty pedestrian really but it might give inspiration.

If it were me running a story where the characters encountered a part of the dismembered Gbaji I would think about what that part of him would be like.

For instance: if it was Gbaji's Right Hand it might cause some effect when it touches something; it might still have a ring or two. What did he use his right hand for? How is it depicted in images?

He did have his fingers in a number of pies! :)

There is, of course, the idea that the parts do nothing unless they are brought together. YGYD :) Maybe freeing one part is dangerous - it could take over the archaeologist (!:) and go looking for the others.

Q: What about if an Uz finds them and consumes them. a) Effects on the Uz ?
It _could_ work like animist integration of a skill spirit. In some stories trolls have eaten stuff like that and used their own powers to influence what happens to them. Of course if they do it wrong.....

b) Effects on the remains ?
The remaining parts? Or the part being eaten?

>I am sure this situation has been encountered before and I am curious how others have dealt with it.

Yeah, I once ran a story using RQ3 where the heroes discovered the Eye of Rashoran on the mythic plane. It deceived them into worshipping it and they actually brought back a limited version of Rashoran's cult into the world.

I hope this has been helpful. Obviously it's all MGsFO Timer starts here.

(DISCLAIMER: Please assume smilies and winks where appropriate)