Re: Duck Cigar Feats (No, Seriously)

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:49:10 -0000

Well, firstly I should stress that the best cigars are made from finest Caladran or Porthomekan tobacco, carefully cured in its exotic volcanic climate and handrolled on the soft thighs of grass-skirted, virgin Caladran ducklings.

Cigar feats would have a lower difficulty than for example 'Keep Pipe Lit', and focus more on showmanship than mastering a complex art. Most feats I can think of are of little use... 'Find month-old cigar butt and get it puffing immediately', 'Make everyone feel sick around you', 'Endless smoke' and 'Discern time, place, manner, nature and committer of murder from small flecks of ash.'

Seriously, I think the ones you had were pretty fun! As for general use, hardened leaf and leather cigar cases, treated with oil, would be a must.

A duck smoking god? I had drafted a pipe-smoking god, but sadly not touched yer ceeeeegars. That's a thought, I wonder if some ducks like chewing tobacco? Ducks spitting great wads of vile brown ichor everywhere they go will just make people despise (and me love) them more...

I can't comment much more as, as John knows, I'm more of a pipefetishist.  I would hazard a few older ducks smoke a nice Meerschaum every now and then. Which was always thought to have been made from 'solidified sea-foam'. Now there's a ready made Gloranthan myth for you...

Cheerio,

Stu.