Re: Parts of Gbaji

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:19:29 -0000

"Sedanya, one of these dieties is Gbaji the deceiver, who tells only lies, the other is Nysalor the bright. You may ask a single qestion of either one of them, then you must choose who will teach you"

Red Goddess: "<thinks> If I ask Gbaji who should teach me, he'll lie and say himself, and if I ask Nysalor, he'll tell the truth, and say himself, so that won't work... Hang on though, If I ask Nysalor what Gbaji would say he'll tell the truth and and tell me Gbaji, whereas if I ask Gbjai what Nysalor will say, he'll lie and tell me Gbaji too - great</thinks>"

Red Goddess:"OK, that diety on the left - If I asked the other diety which of you should be my teacher, what would he say?"

Nysalor/Gbaji: "The choice is immaterial, what is important is the nature of the chooser"

Red Goddess: "Damn - OK, I'll pick <does quick Pelorian counting game used to determine which child is "it"> You, and call you Nysalor, and if anyone wants to argue then I'll beat them up!"