Re: mixed worship in Umathela

From: Jeff Kyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 05:12:34 -0000

If it was a single individual, I think it would be called misapplied worship. You're trying to do something that you know works from another magical system but you do not use it.

Also, did that thing say that these people AS INDIVIDUALS practiced both. Bob here is our liturgist. I'm the guy who talks to Lord of Snow.

You're allowed to use one set of the magic rules. Not two... You know that Orlanth like cows and beer and really *bad* poetry. But you're a sorcerer, you're not sure. Do we feed the cows the beer and then recite the poetry when we're finished blessing the cattle?

Its better to just say 'one set of rules' until they get illuminated or something unusual like that. I am, to be honest, not interested in how many Arkati can dance on the head of a pin but in how the game works and can be played enjoyably but fairly, particularly by folks new to Glorantha.

Jeff