Re: Zorak Zoran & Amastan

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:34:31 +1200

At 08:13 AM 8/18/03 +0000, you wrote:
>I was wondering if anybody has a view on just how widespread this
>subcult is within the ZZ cult as a whole? I get the impression that
>the majority of ZZ temples at least have access to this subcult, but
>does this mean that the majority of worshippers actively join?

No. Having access to Amanstan merely means that _some_ worshippers join his cult. Others worshippers would worship the Berserker or the Master of the Demons of Death.

>Also going back to the time of the second council probably the most
>famous Zorak Zorani was Kwaratch Kang who is noted for many abilites,
>but with no mention of Fire skills. It may be that this was not of
>sufficient importance to be noted, or perhaps the cult of Amastan was
>not so prominent in these days?

There's very little about what Kwaratch Kang actually did hence lack of fire powers can't be inferred from him. Furthermore the loss of fire to the Cruel God was known in Dara Happan myth before the Second Council.

--Peter Metcalfe