Re: Re: The Emperor's Mines 1360

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:33:46 -0700

> > This isn't Resettlement, this is Exploration! Allan Quartermain,
Professor
> > Challenger, lost plateaus filled with prehistoric creatures, cities
buried
> > under centuries of earth and trees, mines of gemstones so pure that the
> > horses that bear them must be shod with diamonds else they'll wither and
> > die. Maps that are out of date, but just might lead you to the right
place;
> > flesh-eating savages, quicksand, blowguns with poisoned darts, and the
> > sudden silence when the drums STOP.
>
> Well, why Dragon Pass, then ?

Why not DP? It's got all of the above.

> Why not just set the campaign in Maslo ?

'Cause I have more info on DP than Maslo.

Also, I *like* the idea of King Soloman's Mines in DP - it throws a lot of pre-concieved ideas on their heads. A "Darkest Maslo" expedition would be *too* much like Africa, what with Negroids, etc. Also there really isn't a "Colonial Power" coming to Maslo, whereas the Lunars make a perfect analog for the Europeans, with missionaries converting the natives, soldiers killing things, traders trading, etc. It's the Red Goddess' Burden.

RR
- Richelieu