Re: HeroQuest Voices?

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:16:31 -0000

To be a leetle bit more expansive, today I recieved copies, largely to be sent off to contributors and GTA heroes in the UK (which has been done, so watch your post boxes!) and also prize support for Battlemasters.

OK, I am just a tad biased, but actually seeing it in hard copy is wonderful. The first thing that strikes me is that it is several worlds away from Hero Wars -- clearly written, properly edited, clean layout, and while the trade paperback format was a cute idea, it didn't really help make the rules any easier to use, and the return to standard size is very welcome.

Lots of lovely new art, too: Markku Silvennoinen, who (amongst other things) did the 'homeland' pictures, to illustrate typical characters of the main cultures, has done a wonderful job. (Though of all the various pieces of art, I think the 'man being caught in rain of fishes' is in many ways my favourite for sheer whimsy value!)

Looking good...

All the best

Mark