Re: mixed worship

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:39:22 +0000

> From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
>I do think this may be veering away from general interest, but some
>form of mixed worship occurs on two separate continents, and I can't
>believe it is so inefficient as the rules make out. (It is definitely
>less efficient, which is one reason the Return to Rightness movement
>spread so quickly.) I think part of the problem is that the increased
>flexibility is not modelled really well.

My view is that misapplied worship is rare as the dominant form of worship. There may be places where most people misapply some of the time, or some people most of the time, but probably never for most people most of the time.

>I wonder if instead of an increased learning cost, the default
>resistance should be higher than 14.

I quite like this idea, as it we could throw out the ugly extra HP costs. The only drawback is that it would (I think) have to be a generic +X resistance (or the ability will be weaker against inanimate objects but not against other people).

Thom