New Gloranthan...

From: Tim Huntley <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:45:22 -0700

Hello.

I'm a relatively new Gloranthan, and I just joined the list. I was exposed to Glorantha many years ago via the RQ3 boxed set, but didn't pay much attention to it until I heard all the hype surrounding the HeroQuest game and the publishing agreement with SJ Games. So, I purchased HeroQuest last night.

My question is this - for someone who is a relative HeroQuest/Glorantha n00b, the HeroQuest book seems to throw out a lot of Gloranthan references very early on via sidebars and such. Is HeroQuest self contained enough that after a thorough read I'll be up to speed with the state of the world? Or should I temporarily shelf HQ and go read over some of the earlier HeroWars stuff?

Thanks,
Tim.