Re: Well, what's it like then ?

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:46:36 -0400

I'd have to agree. I finished reading Hero Wars the first time and wasn't sure exactly what to do with the set. At first glance I think that won't be a problem for first timers with HQ.

I also like the play examples- MGF indeed.

There are also some things you won't find here- like mysterious omega symbols and cryptic "o"s. I haven't noticed a glitch yet. This feels alot less like I'm beta-testing something.

The cover on the hardback is attractive enough, IMO- although I'm among those who don't really like that cover painting. Luckily, on the hardcover it is small- between the HQ logo at the top and the rune of your choice at the bottom- all one a white background (the spine and back cover are black.)

Finally, the one thing I was really worried about- that I'd look through this and think "Well this is just Hero Wars with a few new pages"- isn't the reaction I've had at all. The homelands sections add some new details and the whole thing feels fresh.

Gerald Bosch