Re: Re: Some questions on dragonewts [to Greg]

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:31:09 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Wulf Corbett wrote:

> > Could somebody forward these to Greg please.
>
> I'm not Greg under an assumed beard, but...
>
> > What are the Samarin and Chokin like
>
> >From some VERY old RQ stuff (can't even remember what), Samarin are
> Shuriken-like, Chokin are throwing blades. Not knives, just small,
> finger-sized blades, with a blunt back end to grip. Both are based on
> 'Ninja' weapons, so might not be used anymore, as part of the
> revamping of Gloranthan cultural comparisons.
>
> Wulf

I seem to recall something like that also. What kind of shuriken? Made of bone, flit, dragonbone...?

Parhaps I should have a look at the South American (Inka, Maya, Aztek...) throwing weapons and try to find something suitable.

I'd like to find the link to the EWF orlanthi (and solars) using darts.

        -Adept