Re: how is hero wars doing?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:28:58 -0800

Bob wondered

> Does anyone know how Hero Wars/Issaries is actually doing? Doing well,
> breaking even, verge of collapse, what?

None of this is an official answer, but:

Given there is now a second employee, it seems unlikely they're on the verge of collapse.

> How is Hero Wars selling, both within and, more importantly, without the
> pre-established Gloranthan fanbase?

I believe Greg answered the first part in a recent e-mailing to GTA members, though I can't find it. I do remember it was not a dire report.

I don't think there's any good way to tell to whom its selling. (Anecdotally, I know that the King of Dragon Pass computer game is selling outside the fanbase, and might even be drawing in a fan or two.)

> Are the promised supplement books actually going to be published, or is
> there not enough money, or what?
>
> If they are going to be published, when?

Although I wouldn't completely believe any forecasted dates in the game industry, <http://www.glorantha.com/news/ann00_01.html> has predictions for the next 4 products. I do know that all four of them have cover art already completed.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein