Re: Glorantha / Hero Wars Intro Guide

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:48:28 -0500

Actually, no. The free candy comments were from me extrapolating on Bruce and Tim's very useful ideas. I've bene forwarding the thread to Stephen as an FYI/WTF.

As I recall, Issaries has had the Demo Pack available for download and free distribution since March-ish. I do know that Greg & Co tend to give them away at conventions in some numbers, if GAMMA and Origins were any indication. But perhaps something more accessible is needed.

I wish that they could make something like the demo-pack avaible at the warhouse/distributor end but that takes a surprising amount of money and sweet-talking of distrubutors. AEG did something similar when they were trying to get 7th Sea up and going and it was remarkably expensive. Marcelo F, marketing guy at AEG had endless headaches with the problem. AEG has considerably more capital behind it than Issaries. SJG experienced similar problesm with their OGRE/GEV Giveaway program.

However, it can be done and successfully.

Jeff