RE: Glorantha / Hero Wars Intro Guide

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:29:23 -0000

Hi,

Just come home from work...

On Monday, November 27, 2000 3:10 PM, KYER, JEFFREY [SMTP:jeff.kyer_at_...] wrote:

> However, I think what is needed is a 4 page 'what the heck is
> Glorantha' Making it fit such a small place is a bit of a problem.

That's sort of what I was thinking of trying to do next... :)

> > 1. How to explain the rules to new players.
> Good -- and possibly incorporate 'okay, use simple test here' in the
> demo. In a demo scenario, one cannnot err on the side of too much
> help... I'm continually surprised by the questions I get from folks
> demoing in the programs I run.

VERY good idea. I'll try to do that when writing up demo scenarios.

> > 4. Include the errata and FAQ? And maybe an abbreviated Glossary of the
> > *most*
> > common terms in the game (not the full 12-page version...).
>
> Maybe, but this bears a great resemblance to the material provided in
> the Deluxe version and the demo pack pdf downloadable from
> Glorantha.com?

Yeah, but I was sort of trying to build a super-pack that has everything you'd need all in one place, so I began thinking of a kitchen sink sort of approach.

The last bit of stuff - mythlets, some background are the real candy for players. That's the sort of stuff *I'd* love to be given if I was playing in a demo anyway.

> This is the sort of thing I love seeing on the list! You've made my
> morning, Bruce. Thanks.

Thanks. And thanks a lot for your input. That's gone a long way to help me focus on what we need.

Regards,

Bruce