RE: Maps as opponents

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:54:32 +0100 (BST)

> I've heard of an entire dungeon crawl being blagged
> as an extended
> contest -- I believe this was in Guy Jobbins'
> "Swords" campaign.

Group simple, as I remember it. Searching game archives.. yes, here's the OOC bit of the post. (The IC bit was massive!)

Yrsga - Keen Vision 3W
Aelfwyrd - Aug. Truewind (improv) - Truth on the Wind (*)
Malan - Know Truth 18
Dori - Truth on the Wind 20
Hrolf - Stalk 2W
Geran - Command Living Darkness 19
Enfrew - Honour Affinity 17
Jamal - Nose of the Bull 20
Vern - Make Map 5W

for a total of 19W
vs
Difficulty 15W (huge, hazardous & confusing environment)

result 5 for the heroes, 20 for the opposition = major victory.

spend a hero point for a bump to a Complete Victory.

And we did. Result, IC, was:

"One room is filled with ancient documents that Vern excitedly declares will be of great value to any knowledge cultist, and he lets out a crow of delight when he discovers what appears to be a map of the entire palace."

We're still down there, and the map is in the hands of Vern, an NPC LM scholar. He says it's a good map.

Jane Williams

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk