Glorantha for Children

From: reinierd <reinierd_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:28:49 -0000

(This topic may have come up before, and I apologize if I've missed anything obvious.)

Does anyone have suggestions for introducing Glorantha to children of around 6-8 years old? Particularly girls with no previous RPG experience? Any particularly good stories, myths, or adventures?

Here's some issues:
--Many of the core myths are OK to tell to children, but there are a
lot of names to introduce and remember.
--I thought Chasing Kites or the sheep adventure might work. One
great difficulty is establishing context, but not overwhelming them with detail and constraints.
--How to develop interest? I thought maybe a good way was to start by
telling the odd story, and then gradually answering questions and introducing more complexity as interest grows.

Reason I ask about this of course is that if we can get children to be interested in Glorantha, it will definitely have a future. I also think many of the myths have good lessons in them.