Re: Re: Kralori Heroquestion

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:03:08 +0200

donald :

> There's not much on Kralorela in HQ and what there is refers vaguely
> to mystics. I think we're waiting for some cannonical explanation of
> what combination of magic is involved in the "not mysticism" of the
> area.

Well, HeroQuest and the World is Made of Everything doctrine seem to suggest that practitioners of all four core magic systems (Common, Theism, Animism, Wizardry) will be found among most Gloranthan cultures.

I would imagine that non-mystics would use all four, with of course an emphasis on Common magic. Wizardry comes with a GL stigma attached, though, whilst we know that certain mystic forces choose to manifest as "gods" (in post-HW parlance) to guide the common folk towards liberation (whether in this life or the next), so there are probably more theists than animists, more animists than sorcerors.

Let's not get into false or true draconic religions or mysticism.

Julian Lord