Re: Tarshite storm-tribe gods?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 12:17:21 +1200

At 06:08 PM 10/3/03 +0000, you wrote:

>What storm tribe gods, aside from Orlanth, are missing in Tarsh
>(either banned, never there, or suppressed/abandoned after the
>conquest). I'm thinking Vinga might be too closely associated with
>Orlanth (and advenurous young woman are desired by a number of lunar
>cults), and Yinkin would be too loyal (and is easily displaced,
>hunters to Odayla, sensualists to a lunar cult). Thoughts?

See Gods and Goddesses of Tarsh p17-18 Tarsh in Flames. Vinga is worshipped in the cities as is Yinkin. I'm not aware of any specific loyalty that Yinkin has to Orlanth. The only cults that would be omitted would be those that have explicit anti-chaos attributes which not only takes out Orlanth but Belveren Chaos Cleaner.

>Also, excatly how does worshipping an orlanth sub-cult (such as Dar
>or Destor) without worshipping Orlanth work? Do you still get the
>usual aspect affinities? Or just the sub-cult affinity? Or the sub-
>cult affinity and one or two others?

Just the subcult affinity and the other feats as stand-alones.

--Peter Metcalfe