Re: DeathQuest

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:12:49 +0100

Dougie Punk:

>We get a load of twaddle about the frex Bison
>Rider (paraphrasing as I�m in a Net Cafe sans
>rules) "realising that he is far from home and
>if he kills this guy he musst kill everyone and
>so will get a Hate Everyone flaw" &%$%%&!!!!
>This is a Praxian "savage" who in IMG would
>happilly flay any ground-sticker, stake him out
>in the Wastes and lay bets with his mates on
>whether the sun, the scopians or the vultures
>will get him first, just to pass the time...

The examples of play are just that, IMO - examples, not cast-iron rules. It's inevitable that *any* such example is going to clash with someone's GMing style somewhere. Experienced GMs probably don't even need to read the examples, and if they do, they'll know which bits they disagree with and why, and should then promptly ignore those bits. I don't see this as a problem, not least because the only alternative is having no examples of play at all, which, given the unusual nature of the system, seems a Bad Thing IMO.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic