Re: Scanning and Converting old materials into electronic format

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 10:09:29 -0000

>First and foremost, providing that you have the scanner and software,
>is the quality of the original documents that you are scanning

Having scanned various publications inorder to try and centralize some of the info, I can say thet my biggest headaches were always:

a:) column formatting. The OCR software is quite good but every so often it just want to jumble that text into one. b:) spelling of Gloranthan words - tend to throw the OCR software into complete confusion.