Re: Getting Going

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:13:18 -0700

> Here's my question: I've got some older (RQ2) stuff.
> Will any of this be useable with HQ?

The background text will always be useful (except where overwritten by later information, of course...).

The adventures can certainly be mined for ideas. There is no easy, direct conversion from RQ to HQ, and some of the RQ ideas translate hardly at all. You might want to check out Jeff's translation of the Rainbow Mounds from Apple lane: http://www.glorantha.com/hw/scenario_rainbowmounds.html While for HW instead of HQ, it gives you an idea of how things *can* be done. Note that Jeff's mandate was to do a direct tranlation, not update the material.

> From the description of HQ I've seen (and I have NOT
> worked my way through the archives of this group or
> the other groups...), can you play a low-level type
> game and work your way up to the Hero Wars? I'd like
> to roam some old turf like Apple Lane, etc., before
> going off and righting the wrongs of the universe
> (!)...

Sure you can. Barbarian Adventures is pretty much about nothing *but* low-level adventures.

RR
- Richelieu