Re: Carmanian Armageddon

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:15:35 +0100 (BST)

Kevin wrote:

> Another idea for the traditional Carmanians, lifted from
> Zoroastrianism, might be that the theist dead go to the God
> World (considered a kind of purgatory) and await the Final
> Battle when the dead will return to fight the forces of
> Ganesatarus. After the Final Battle is won, everyone will
> go to Solace - gods included.

Gosh, I like this idea... if only because it adds so much depth and resonance to the divine manifestations at the Battle of Four Arrows of Light. (Remember that Humakt's einherjar -- the army of his dead worshippers -- played a prominent role in that fight).

http://www.issaries.com/library/history/hle-0wane.html

> the Carmanians were pretty wigged out when the Battle of
> Castle Blue began...

The *surviving* Carmanians, that is... I think the big *Carmanian* event would have been the Four Arrows (when their manifest gods were overthrown, the cult of Karmanos was destroyed, etc.); Castle Blue was on a more cosmic scale, with less specifically Carmanian 'chrome', IYSWIM.

Just my $0.02... I can't make the Three Worlds model work (for me) without unnecessary headaches, so I doubt I will be able to contribute much to the technical aspects of this discussion.

Cheers, Nick