Re: Re: The perfect introduction fro beginners?

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:11:09 -0400

This is a bit off-point...

If there is one thing I've learned through bitter experience it is to avoid giving too much world-background to gamers I'm introducing to Glorantha. I always felt an urge to try to get them up to speed way troo quickly, which just left them overwhelmed. I think the perfect beginning scenario is one that tells a story your group will enjoy (be it combat-oriented or not - I once hooked an economist frind by starting with a trading session) and just drops a few hits of Gloranthan background. With my current group, I plan out adventures with an eye toward what element of Glorantha we can explore this time.

Gerald