Re: Re: New devotees, starting feats

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 23:46:56 +0000 (GMT)

> "... Borogos the Terrible randomly murdered women
> and children, but was
> allowed to live because he hated Gbaji so much."
> "...Jononrol the Fearsome killed everyone in three
> towns because they
> feared him. He shouted, 'Fear me not, or you fear
> life itself'. Only
> Great Herand managed to stop him for the Wind Lord
> loved live and did
> not fear death."
>
> So yes, I'll suggest that some humakti kill without
> a good reason.

A good reason *to* *Humakti*. Whose standards and reasoning can be *very* strange. The random murdering probably wasn't, to him. And the killing people for being afraid almost makes sense, in a very twisted sort of way.

Neither of them seem to have been killing for the fun of it, anyway. But the original point in quoting them at all, as far as I remember, was someone saying that even disciples weren't expected to go around doing mass killings just because Humakt told them to. And I think we can see that they do. Sorry, but Humakt really doesn't fit into C21 morality. He has a code, but it's shockingly different to ours. Which is no doubt why so many of us find him fascinating.

Jane Williams

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk