Re: Pol Joni and worship

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 10:18:57 -0500

Graham Robinson wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:
>
> > Currently its through they maintain a mixed culture. Rather unique.
> > Strong theist elements but also a lot of animism.
> >

> I have a similar question to this - is misapplied worship a function of
> the person or the religion. In other words, can an initiate of, say,
> Orlanth Whatever join an animist religion and get 'Whatever Tradition
> Knowledge' or does he get 'Initiate of Whatever (Misapplied)'?
>
> This came up in my game last week. I went for the latter, on the
> grounds that a theist COULDN'T understand an animist religion properly,
> but I'm not sure it's right.
>
> Cheers,
> Graham

It'll be in upcoming stuff but when I asked the same question, I was told that if you're an initate, you can't get any Tradition Knowlege OR use Fetishes. if you're integrated a spirit, you can't worship or gain Divine Aid.

And Tradition Knowlege is a bit of a misnomer -- its one who is a part of the various bargains and agreements between People and Spirits. Something an initiate can't participate in - he's made his choice.

Of course, if you forfeit ALL your magic, you can start again in a new paradigm... from the beginning.

Jeff