Re: Help Wanted with White Moon Heroquest

From: Gavin Kenny <Gavken_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:12:27 -0000

> From what I grasp, the characters are going to increase turning of
> the moon from a militaristic aspect (red) to a peaceful aspect
> (white). Since they are not Lunars, they probably understand less
> than me about Lunar mythology...
>
> That means a mess...
>
> But, from their POV, the white moon could be a sort of harmonizing
> entity not too dissimilar from Pavis intent (to rebuild a green age
> area) or from Issaries' Quests about harmony and cooperation (a là
> Issaries the conciliator).

The intention is for the characters to act as supporters for the Lunar Priestess who will be leading the quest. The idea would be that they would have supporting roles acting as parts of the quest.

> That's two possible sources for inspiration: Pavis Mythology or
> Issaries Mythology. That's also possible, IMO, to gain support from
> Pavisites on that basis (while a clear white moon reference could
be
> more problematic)
> Another possible source is Ernalda Mythology, feminine and
peaceful,
> but probably less stimulating for Pavisites than Pavis/Issaries.

The intention was for them to be following a White Moon quest. I was rather hoping that the Lunars might be doing a counter quest or suchlike. I'm afraid Heroquesting is something I've never tried before and am still a little unsure who can / can't take part and whether such a thing as I have described would be feasible.

Thanks Aagin

Gavin