Esrolian and Carmanian Humakti

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:27:45 -0000

> The Esrolian version probably is a version of the Orlanthi one.
They
> might have Humakt as a Husband-Protector and maybe there are more
> Esrolian Humakti who marry and - maybe - even have children.

I seem to remember a Babeester Gor myth that has Humakt (though not named) as her father, and carrying out a husband-protector role for a bit. I bet that's Esrolian in origin.

Where was it...? oh, yes.
http://jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/vinga/bgor.cfm

> Based on the very brief mention in ILH, the Carmanian Hum'akt is
not
> so nice - the Honour Affinity is replaced with Battle making a very
> focussed warrior-death God. Hum'akt is "worshipped by the outsider
> and the avenger".

Battle rather than Truth/Honour? Interesting.

Is there a write-up of this somewhere? Me not having read much Carmanian stuff, I'd have missed it.

> It is possible that the "avenger" side does include some sort of
> Severance, to break the cycle of vengeance. None may rightfully
take
> vengeance on others for the deeds of the Huma'akti, nor may any
take
> vengeance for what befalls the Huma'kti.

Well, Severance/Separation is part of Death (or possibly vice versa), so yes, this makes sense.

I suppose any sub-cults then add the third affinity, which might in some cases put Honour/Truth back in again.