Re: Re: Ex Krarshti humakti

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:01:35 +0000

>Possibly the "resheathing" is an Orlanthi-only-myth--a way of shoehorning
>the vicious-loner Death God into the intensely communal Heortling society.
>Perhaps that myth is unknown outside of Heortling lands--other cultures
>might have very different way of coping with the Humakti, or might not make
>social allowances for them at all.

Storm Tribe explicitly states that the Resheathing is Orlanthi (and it is tied to an Orlanthi myth). Other cultures might have comparable rites but they would be different.

I suspect that it is part of the old Orlanthi inclusiveness, something that is no longer a feature of Orlanthi culture except in the from of traditions like the Resheathing and the Bonding of Tricksters.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.