Re: Re: Ex Krarshti humakti

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:35:26 +1300

Reineird:

> > Reinierd:> >That's strictly YGWV in my opinion.

>Me> The Broo Humakti are canon last time I looked.

>Sure, but so is YGWV.

But I'm wasn't giving my interpretation of glorantha. You are differing, not me.

> > Given that disciples can butcher women and children without falling
> > afoul of Humakt, the answer surely is that Humakti's honor is not
> > the same thing as Sartarite honor.

>Point taken. However, one of the things that makes Humakt so
>interesting is this tension between honor on the one hand and death
>on the other.

In the Sartarite religion, yes. But their interpretation of honor is _not_ intrinsic to Humakt and He's quite free to differ elsewhere. For this reason I see little point to saying on this group that Chaotics can't join Humakt given that they can and have (even Street toughs in Pavis can be found making jokes about it).

--Peter Metcalfe