Re: Re: Examples

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:05:40 -0800

> > Thanx for the various replies. I appreciate that
> > how to run things varies alot with the
> > individual group / narator but I still think it
> > would be useful in learning how to play HQ, to
> > have the sort of advise Bryan, Mark and Dave
> > just posted...
>
> I can see your point, but it's quite hard to
> write down. It's a bit like riding a bycicle or
> learning to swim, no amount of verbal
> instructions substitute for actual experience
> and those who do learn do so by trial and error,
> perhaps building on experience from other games.

Also, once something is written down (and subsequently published) it becomes the "one true way".
This list is a much better medium for examples, because if you don't like my, or Greg's, or Camo's or Mark's way of playing, you can also see Paul's and Simon's and Donald's and Jeff's and...

Plus, my games usually run something like this:

Me: Okay, you're all here in this little town in Sartar... June (our Hostess): Anyone want something to drink? Rory, you want some wine?
Me: Sure.
Shiva: I saw this great site on the internet... Ariel: Are you going to be able to come to my show in December? June: Yeah, she's starring in one show and directing another. It's great! Shiva: What's the show about?

RR
- Richelieu