Re: HQ newbie questions

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:56:36 +0000

>Our bunch are trying out some of the beginner
>scenarios in HQ. Our pre-rolled PC's have various
>magical possessions, e.g. thunderstones and in
>Aileena's case, a sword. We have found no
>descriptions of the powers of these objects in the HQ
>book. We are feeling very uncomfortable about this,
>as it leads to much confusion when trying to use them.
> I know that thunderstones certainly existed in RQ3,
>but their power would presumably differ somewhat in
>HQ. The sword's features are a complete unknown.

Swords are described on p78 (it gives a +3 bonus in combat).

Thunderstones are mentioned in Thunder Rebels p240, which has them used as magical slingstones. Also see the section on "Special and Magical Items" in HeroQuest p 30. For magical things it is suggested that the players can choose a use that fits the name, when they need it.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.