White Moonies and Jaws of Krarsht

From: Michael O'Brien <mrmob_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:44:12 +1100

Gian:
> > I have toyed with the idea of
> > playing a PC who was an ex-Krarshti assassin who
> > through a traumatic
> > conversion experience joined Humakt. Naturally he
> > has a lot to make
> > up for, and various forms of penance would be a big
> > part of his initiation and devotion tests. ...
> > Krarshti pervert death through assasination
> > and torture; most of the initiate's god-given tasks
> > are likely to be directed against such activities.

I like Simon's take on the White Moon/ Red Moon plot, where the Red Moonie agent converts during the rites and then fights off the Lunar troops. A similar twist you could have here is that the Krarsht cult has actually engineered their own assassin's traumatic conversion to Humakt for their own inscrutable purposes, which will not become apparent until the time is right. I'm sure there is a highly lucrative six-leg contract involved that encompasses the death of someone highly important. The conversion might be completely sincere (for the Jaw), but that might not stop his old masters still pulling the strings...

Cheers,

MOB PS. Andre reckons:
>Go and get "The Widow´s Tale" by Penelope Love. Arqua, ist a REAL Humakti,
>IMHO
Jane seconds the motion:
>Seconded. In fact, get it anyway. It's got a real Wind
>Lord in it, a real Light Son, and a lot of
>demonstrations of why ressurrection is a terribly bad
>idea.
>But Arqua is my favourite.

And I heartily third the motion! Arqua gives a truly wonderful, cinematically perfect notion of what a Humakti "ambush" would have to be like.