Re: Pol Joni and worship

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 11:49:14 +1300

Ian Cooper:

>Speaking of the Pol Joni. I would assume that they still maintain a
>theistic culture, not an animist one.

When they warred with the nomads in 1489, this is what is described about them.

         They carried battle magics, and their magicians worshipped
         Rune gods, unlike the shamans of Prax.  These cattle people
         offered proper sacrifice to the deities of the Paps and [...]
                                 Pavis & Big Rubble p60.

>IIRC though they do include
>exiles from the Nomad tribes, so presumably they might have some
>animist practitioners amongst them, or do we suspect that they have
>misapplied worship of some Praxian entities ie.e theistic worhsip of
>Waha and Eirithra (I quite like the idea of this - a sort of balance
>to the Nomads misapplied owship of Heorting deities.

Horse riders worshipping Waha? I think Bastard male nomads are most likely to belong to the Storm Bullies or Ancestors traditions instead.

--Peter Metcalfe