Re: Humakt and the Giant's Heart

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:00:09 -0000

> I'd appreciate any feedback anyone would care to give.

Excellent! That went into my collection of Humakti myths for future reference, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

> The scattering of Death had
> loosened Humakt's control of it, and left him with only Honor.

Definitely the Heortling Humakt, then. And an interesting contrast with "Humakt's Oath", where he only discovers Truth, Honour and so on towards the end of his quest to get Death back. In that, about all he had left was Combat (and jealousy, and revenge, and a few other unpleasant things).

> One day, as Humakt sought the pieces of Death but he fully
understood
> Fear and Delight.

Looks like we lost a line here? I see where you're going, but it would be nice to have the text in full.