Hero points : a narrator recants

From: Roger Barnes <rogerd_at_...-net.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:16:23 +0000

Having read the rules it appears I may have been a little stingy, although I'm not happy with the idea of players having large numbers of points to use in combat. Perhaps the point per sessiosn should be for a bump but that is the only bump the player gets and if not used can be spent as a hero point. Otherwise the players get points at the end of the session to spend on related benefits plus some at the end to spend on what they want, provided they can justify it in terms of the overall campaign.

As an aside, at 3 pts per session in a five week game a charcter could gain half a mastery in close combat - this strikes me as excessive.

roger