Re: Hero points : a narrator recants

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:28:24 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Roger Barnes wrote:

> As an aside, at 3 pts per session in a five week game a charcter could
> gain half a mastery in close combat - this strikes me as excessive.

But they won't be able to do anything else with the points - no other useful skills, no cemented goodies or wealth, and most importantly no bumps.

In general this isn't a problem to my mind, but I can see it being awkward for Close Combat, and other meta-abilities. Therefore, I would use one of two solutions :

  1. Don't allow meta-abilities, except magic.
  2. Charge meta-ability increases at double rate. It then takes eight weeks at 3 hero points a game to get the half mastery.

I like the first one myself, but your taste may vary.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net