Thunder During Snow?

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:07:19 +1100

In a Fimbulwinterish mood... and seeking inspiration.

>Despite living just an hour or so north of Australia's major snowfields,
>and being in one of the few Australian cities where we regularly see snow
>on nearby hills during winter, my experience of macho, Dragon Pass-like
>snow is somewhat limited. I'd be grateful if tribesfolk from more northern
>climes could fill me in.

Does it ever thunder during snow? What about lightning? What are some of the more powerful or unusual effects of snow and snow storms? What do (non-hibernating) animals do?

And what does it mean for it to be so cold 'you can hear it'?

Cheers

John

John Hughes
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2600

Phone (02) 6125 0649
Visit CAEPR on the web at http://www.anu.edu.au/caepr/