Re: Fatal rain

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:34:27 +0100

Benedict :

> I can't see how <fatal rain> would work in Glorantha, with the implied
> collusion
> between Heler/Water and Valid/Cold. Certainly not in Heortling lands,
> with Heler being a by-word for loyalty (to Orlath), and Valind being an
> outsider.
>
> Any ideas?

Well, when I was writing Heler this area was a major sticking point, until Greg finally decided how Heler died in the Gods War. He was killed by a Chaos entity called Ui (that I unofficially link with Ice Mountain in Maniria),
and his warm wetness turned into cold death, and it is IMG Ui who produces the
cold, fatal rain that chills you to the bone, freezes you, and kills you.

OTOH the God Learner version probably involves Valind killing and chilling Heler.
Evil, stupid God learners !!!

Julian Lord

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.