Re: Winter stuff

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:50:06 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, ALISON PLACE wrote:

> Another weird weather condition nobody's mentioned yet
> is sun dogs. These are a refraction effect associated
> with fine ice crystals high in the air, and form two
> quite obvious bright patches either side of the sun.
> They always occur in pairs. Reasonably common in the
> winter, though they can happen anytime. The sky
> appears clear to mildly hazy up high. There may be
> lower clouds blocking the view.

Halo, I think is the modern term. There are many forms. A pillar of light, a ring around the sun, and the most common, the sun dogs (sometimes just one), appearing like a pair of extra suns.

To a modern Sartarite (one that knows about both Elmal and the Emperor) it could be obvious that there's the Emperor and Yelm trailing him so he doesn't get to any mischief on Orlanth's tula.

        -Adept