Re: Esrolian Questions

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:17:01 +0100

Jesse James Dean wrote:

> I just started on an Esrolian campaign (with a Puma Person Hunter and
> practioner of the Bush Voice practice (female player) seeking her
> family, a Calandran Warrior Devotee of Barbeester Gor (female player)
> seeking a new life,

Ah, there, I wanted to say something on this.

I personnaly use a 'Caladraland' version of Babeester Gor, called Daralia. She's a mix of Vinga, Babeester Gor, with snippets from Kali, the RW goddess. She jumped out of Asrelia's mouth when her mother was threatened by the Serpentmen (and wished her burning husband was with her). Caladra didn't come, but Daralia did in his place, because Asrelia still remembered his heat in her heart.

Daralia has burning hair, a bloody mouth and hold the Serpentspear. She smashed the Serpentmen, broke their legs and arms, cut their tongues and cursed them to slither on the ground, which is why serpents are the animals we know today. Now, they remember her and are gentle with women, most of the time. She also cursed the Serpent King to become her lance, until she forgives him one day.

She also killed the Bloodsucker Demon, Raktapa. The difficulty was that any wound done to him gave rise to new demons, jumping at her. But Darali was quite thirsty from the fight, opened her mouth and drank them all. From Raktapa's dry skin, she made her clothes. (this being taken from a Kali legend)

And one day, she was quite angry with men and promised to kill them all. Women heard about it, didn't like this at all and told the men to brew beer with manblood in it. Daralia smelled it from afar, and she loved it so much that she drank it all and fell asleep (that last one being from an egyptian tale about Sekhmet le Lion Goddess)

Anyway, here is what I use (or plan to use) in game :

Abilities : Spear Fighting, Hand to Hand Fighting, Run, Jump, Endure Pain, Shout
Virtues : Brave, Hot-Blooded
Affinities :
Combat [Serpent Spear, Fiery Breath, Drink Blood, Deafening Shout] Movement [Run on Lava, Rune on Treetops, Jump over River, Jump over Volcano, Hunt Demon]
Earth Protection [Dominate Serpent, Strength of the Earth, A Thousand Feet Stomp the Ground, Open Crevice]

> Does anyone have any more information on Estangus or the Son of the
> Throne? I am trying to decide if I want a local pro-Lunar priestess to
> be devotee of him/them or the She Who Waits aspect of Ernalda the Queen.

Are the women really devoted to Estangus ? For me, it's a man-only cult. The women have Orendana/Ernalda the Queen. Estangus is mostly a sacrificial cult, good for husbands.
What we use is very near from Barntar or any 'field fertility' cult (Elmalhara, for example).

        Philippe