THE STORM AT OUR SIDE

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:31:35 -0600

Here's a Sartarite rebellion song that came to me at lunch today. Constructive criticism is invited, and additions or changes to the verses are welcome.

Guy

THE STORM AT OUR SIDE Come all ye Ortlanthi, and list while I sing, For the love of one's freedom is a terrible thing. It goads our rebellion, no chains to abide, With nought but our swords and the Storm at our side.

My name is Orlandon, and I've just turned sixteen. My home is in Quivinland; where I was weaned Our fathers and mothers, in vain they had died, To repulse the Red Goddess, with the Storm at their side.

Along came their armies, their Bat out of Hell, Destroyed by a dragon ere proud Boldhome fell. With Grazer and Razoress they humbled our pride, And some of us turned from the Storm at our side.

The flame of our kingdom too long has been spent. Our king is a weakling the Lunar lords sent To keep us divided, unite as we tried,
To choose our own ruler, with the Storm at her side.

They raped and defiled us; when we sought redress Our tribes were then scattered; the Goddess knows best! Our swords they took from us, so blades we did hide; We'll sweep them from Sartar, with the Storm at our side!

And now as I lie here, my body all holes I think of those bastards who bartered their souls For Imperial favors, may they wear them with pride, When they meet their ancestors with the Storm at their side.

(Tune: With God At Our Side/The Patriot Game)