Re: Re: Godlearners

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 10:26:26 +1300

Erik

>The Justreli/Godlearner empire and the Empire of the Wyrms Friends
>were both in the Imperial age, right?

Yup.

>Were they really contemporaneous?

Yup. EWF 578 ST - 1043 ST. God Learners 768 ST - 1049 ST.

>Did one peak after the other?

Both were at their strongest, I think, in the 10th century. Afterwards they started having problems in a big way.

>What were the relationships?

The God Learners tried to take over Esrolia in 842 ST and failed. It's one of the "mixed degrees of success" of the God Learner Empire described in the Glorantha: Intro p48. Otherwise the Kingdom of Night was a buffer region between them (sort of like how Germany was a buffer during the Cold War). There also was some other contact in Ralios, but the specifics of that was obscure

>(What might the connection be between Godlearnerdom and Nysalor?)

None.

--Peter Metcalfe