Greg Stafford on Fetches and Commentary

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 20:09:28 -0500

Messages from Greg:

>Subject: Fetches
>
>A fetch isn't really a separate being...

Commentary on my previous posts on this subject: I was allowing for some ambiguity and tradition differences when I stated that Fetches may be part of the shaman. Apparently, Fetches are part of the shaman and there is no ambiguity.

>Subject: Answer, please pass on.
>
>>Can one Integrate other Shamens Fetches if one drives them to total
>>defeat?
>
>No.

Commentary from me based on an earlier conversation with Stephen Martin and Greg: I asked if a shaman could integrate or capture a spirit after fighting it and driving it below 0 AP. The consensus was "No"; a shaman can fight off a spirit attack on This Side, but must cross over and engage the spirit in order to capture or integrate it.

This doesn't completely address why one can't integrate a Fetch. I think that one can't integrate a Fetch because that Fetch is unambiguously part of the shaman.

Thanks,
Andy