Gbaji lies! (Was Re: Illuminated Uroxi?)

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:52:20 -0000

> I was working to provide an Orlanthi-view.

Which is of dubious use, since as I've pointed out we're talking about a character that doesn't have a traditional Orlanthi point of view (any more). Surely when talking about the motivations of a character, it's that characetr's points of view that is what's important?

> One of the things I think the GM needs to do is decide, in his
game, who is
> *objectively* right, and move from their.

Why?

> ....Obviously, if the Lunar view is
> correct, then this is a wonderful opprtunity to move beyond Storm
Bull's
> fear of Chaos and Heal The World.

Substitute the phrase "Lunar view" for "The view of an illuminated Storm Bull worhsiper" and you might be headed in the right direction. The L:unars actualy have little to do with this. Nysalorian illumination pre-dates them considerably, and anyway being illuminated doesn't necesserily mean the character will become prolunar.

> ...If the Orlanthi view is right, then it
> looks like Gbaji aka Trickster just handed the poor Uroxi a big
load of
> manure.

Which no doubt would be the opinions nof any of his old Storm Bull pals, if they found out what has happened.

> I was always kind of under the impression, however, that the Lunars
were
> another Big Mistaken Empire. Like the Bright Empire, the God
Learners and
> the EWF before it, they will get too big and arrogant, and be
brought down.
> They try to use cosmic truths for political gain, and *kaboom!*

That's right, but don't conflate the Lunar Empire with the Lunar Way. Just because the empire is destroyed doens't mean the Lunar philosophy is gone, or has even been harmed. remember they believe that all things follow cycles, they will simply move on to the next cycle, and the Empire might even be a hindrance to that process.

Not that this has much to do with our illuminated Storm Bull character.

Simon Hibbs