Re: Limits of Heroquesting

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:28:41 +1300

At 04:20 PM 1/20/04 -0800, you wrote:

>Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:

> > Well, Heroquest isn't the word to use then.

>It was until last summer, at least.

>What word do you suggest for "go to the GodPlane and muck around with
>things"?

Magical engineering? Great Spells? There's tons of terms that could be used without having to abuse heroquesting.

>To drag it back to the original topic--the question was "How can you undo
>illumination".

You can't. You can only go deeper.

> I 'umbly suggest that whatever word you propose for "go to
>the godplane and muck around with things" ("godquest"? "cosmohacking"?),
>that would do it.

Fooling around in the God Plane will do nothing whatsoever to cure illumination because Illumination is a personal flaw, not a cosmic one.

>As an example: Teelo Estara went into the GodWorld and
>(resurrected/defeated/bound/absorbed/whatever) Nysalor.

She came across two spirits, both alike, except that one was Nysalor and the other was Gbaji. She had to make a choice between them and chose wisely. How is this defeating Nysalor?

>I propose that reversing the effects of Nysaloric illumination is
>no harder to do than what she did.

What makes you think that she reversed the effects of it?

--Peter Metcalfe