MGF vs. SF resolution

From: jessedn_at_...
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:25:41 -0000

Hey thanks everyone for the great replies.

I showed them to my player, and though he found them informative he also found a new character concept that he decided he preferred over the existing one.

Basically, he is going to be creating a culture between the montains that mark the western edges of the Lunar Empire and Dorastor that is a scattered tribal/clannish people who were once united but are now being harassed by chaotic opponents from Dorastor. They need to be united to survive but noone is visionary enough to see that this needs to happen. This is where the new PC comes in. ;) He is going to be travelling to the City of 10,000 Magicians to talk to a priestess who is great in her knowledge of the paths of an ancient hero that united the tribes in ancient times. He seeks both knowledge and ritual items that will aid him in the hero quests that will allow him to gain the mythic weight that he needs for this quest.

I also talked to the other players so that their concepts mesh a little bit better, and it all looks rather promising. (We have a Lunar wizard who is doing his civil service with the intent of bringing the society into the Lunar Way/Empire, another character who is a reincarnated hero from the same time who is destine to help in the unification but who is trying to refute that destiny through worship of the White Moon, a gem merchant who the above PC is going to try to recruit to help build trade and bring greater wealth to his culture, a devotee of Selven Hara and a friend of the reincarnated hero above who wishes to escape the household of her father and travel and see the world, and a thief who is cursed to never stay in one place for too long and who is seeking a way to escape from said curse).

So even though we aren't going to be using the ideas you presented, the information was very helpful in expanding my perspective of both Glorantha and the heroquest system as a whole.

Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate it.

Jesse Dean