Re: Illuminated - help!

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:49:55 -0500

nichughes2001 writes:

> > I agree, with the addition that he might be considered a
> > martial artist who has retired from action in order to
> > start on the real mystic path, but who is forced to return
> > to active life by te theft of the magic sword.
>
> I would see him as a lay practitioner of a mystic path who at
> the start of the film was seeking to put his affairs in order
> so that he could become a dedicated practitioner.

And yet he seems completely incompetent within that arena. Look at how incapable he is at really communicating with Shu Lien. And what a sordid mess he makes of choosing the right guardian for the Green Destiny. And how poorly he attempts and bungles the conversion/redemption of Jen Yu.

Only through his death can Mu Bai's put his affairs in order.

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+