Re: Uz society

From: gerakkag <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:22:27 -0000

> This is what I see when I think of a KL dominated society :
> isolationist.

Doesn't have to be! Remember, Gerak Kag conquers Pavis with the (apparently) backing of the KL matriarchate. They're willing to take risks, after all: they're just want to take risks on their own terms.

(And even the matriarchate can be selfish: Sandy Petersen's long-ago comment being that the uzuz in the Castle of Lead would send every other uz in the world into flaming oblivion if it helped them enough.)

>Of course. I prefer things to be less static and having KL as
>"the-one-and-only-who-must-be-in-charge-in-order-to-keep-uzself"
seems too
>unflexible to me. Hey, what can I say, I love Uz but I dislike
absolutes
>(:-))!

To be a troll, ya gotta have KL in charge. This doesn't mean that you can't have a clan that, say, *looks* like trolls, *acts* like trolls, are *like* trolls, but KL isn't on top. They're not trolls by *definition* (to be a troll = KL is da mama). All trolls tell you they're not trolls. But at some point, ya gotta ask: if it walks like a duck...*

(And you get the bonus fun of having all the other trolls say, "Yah! You stinking uzjer heretics! Yah! You're not trolls!" And then the walk-like-a-troll say, "Yah we are!" And mayhem ensues...)

Cheers,

James